May I make a few suggestions? You need surveillance camera‘s. Why you ask? Here’s why:
- When someone on my floor pulls the fire alarm consecutive nights in a row and then run down the hallway and exit up or down the steps, you’ll be able to catch who did it. So I won’t have to regret moving in here while I rock my son back to sleep from being startled by the women on the intercom.
- When someone floods the laundry room and fail (or doesn’t care) to tell maintenance which forces people who wanted to wash their clothes go and track down maintenance to let them know.
- To catch the trifling people who find pleasure in urinating in the hallways and stairways.
- A lot of buildings have hidden cameras on their elevators, for good reason. People get mugged, harassed; killed on elevators. Other people like to vandalize the elevators or hold the elevator open long enough for it to stop working (the person who stays in 209 does this all the time or she rides the elevators all day).
- To catch the even more trifling people who leave their garbage in the stairway instead of walking their nasty behinds down the hall and throwing it down the garbage chute.
- To catch drug activity in the hallways and outside of the accused apartments.
- So when someone leaves a cart full of garbage and just leaves it there, you will know who did it.
- To catch when maintenance does something incriminating because they’re just as crooked as most of the people in this building. They half-ass do their jobs and some of them have this smug attitude that I don’t particularly care for.
Mind you, if they know the camera’s are there then putting them there defeats the purpose. People act like animals in this building and it needs to stop.
Update: I just got an invoice under my door. It states:
In the past few weeks there has been an increasing amount of vandalism to The Winton Manor, your home. The Winton Manor Management will continue to maintain a quiet and peaceful living experience for its residents. We are looking for those responsible for the vandalism to The Winton Manor. Your cooperation in exposing the person or persons is greatly appreciated.
A reward is available to any one who has information that would lead to the identity of those responsible. Your identity will remain confidential. For more information please contact Mr. John D’Altorio, Operations Manager at (216)377-1315 or Mrs. Davis, Property Manage at (216) 241- 2850.
Let me just say, the black community hold strong onto the ‘no snitching’ rule; which I find to be idiotic. They want the police when someone robs their home but if it ain’t got nothing to do with them, they’re not opening their mouths. They may have seen something but if it’s not causing any pain or discomfort to them then they turn the other way. Ok, I’m going off on a tangent here — back to the matter at hand. It’s sickening that to find the people to come forward, they have to be given something. Things like this shouldn’t be in this building. It’s in downtown Cleveland, Ohio for Pete’s sake! You would think there will be a discrimination when it comes to that. No crack-heads or meth-heads that ride up and down on the elevator or hold/block the elevator so it stays on one floor.
When was the last time the stairways were actually scrubbed and disinfected? You’re worried about LEAD! Hmph! There are more other things that can make a child sick. You can’t make this place a peaceful and quiet experience until you get rid of the problems that’s keeping this place from being quiet and peaceful.
This summer was the worst leaving to and fro from this building. Me and my son were harassed and criticized every time I walked past the loiters that were out front or next to the building. You put up signs that reads “no loitering” but do they read and abide? No they do not. What’s the point? They feel they run the place, what makes you think they’re going to follow rules? They smoked, they made noise, they made 9th and Prospect look like 79th and Cedar. All I could do was shake my head and keep it moving.
The fire alarm is always, always going off. It goes off for 10-15 20-25 minutes every time before someone at the desk comes on and say “false alarm”. One day it’s going to be a catastrophe of a fire in this building, no one is going to take it seriously until they see smoke coming under their door or they have lack of oxygen in their lungs.
I finally saw what I think someone finally working on the freight elevator. That thing have been broken since before I moved in (which was in August). What took you guys so long to fix that? What cheap mechanic did you find this time?
Don’t feel bad, it’s not just here, the apartments out in Euclid, Ohio and probably plenty of other places are like this. I’m not living there though, I’m living here.
Why oh why does the woman who comes on the intercom tell people to not use the elevator when there are people in here who uses wheelchairs? There isn’t a ramp so if there was a fire what you expect them to do? Burn to death? Wait on the firemen to come to their aid and carry all them downstairs on their backs? If I were in a wheelchair and I was looking for affordable place to live, no ramp or other safety precautions available for me to make it downstairs when need be would have made me roll in the other direction.
I know there is a slew of people running around vandalizing the building like little children but there are more pressing matters here. The garbage chute should never be packed…never. It’s contradicting and wastes the person’s time when they come out and spray for roaches. Speaking of that, you seriously need to stop wasting your money. That stuff doesn’t work. COMBAT GEL does. Send out a letter to all the residents in the building to get some combat gel. I know some are hip already. Combat gel cleans them out pretty fast. Put that money you’re wasting on sending out someone to spray on getting a better chute system. It’s ridiculous and disgusting!
There are people in this building that want the same things I want. They want order and they want the vandalism to stop, they want the ignorance to end. I know this will probably never make it to any of you who run or live in this building and I don’t care. I won’t be here no longer than I need to be. Before I leave though, I will be taking photos and posting them here so people don’t think I’m making this crap up.